About Me

Danielle - Bonnie
We are mothers and we love: losing weight, working out, and being healthy.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, January 23, 2012

It's All Good!

Alright now! I'm super excited thus far with the results that I have seen since I started to eat as clean as possible. I'm not always perfect and having a pretty tight budget when it comes to groceries/food makes it a challenge. Oh and by the way, it's Danielle here. I did talk to Bonnie about her posting more and she said that her laptop decided to give out on her as she was typing up a post. That is a major bummer! The hubster has been asking me if I want to switch over to WordPress. If I do that (HA!..I won't do any of that...it would be all Ben) I would be able to post from my phone and so that means Bonnie would be able to do that as well. I will talk more to him tonight and see how it all works.

And now back to the exciting news...I have reached my lowest weight yet: 153.6 - WOOHOO!! (though I do fluctuate, I was at 154 today) I can really see a difference in my "muffin top" or now lack there of :D I have really slimmed down. My tummy is much flatter, my sides are now muscular and strong. I may lose some of my muscle with the fat while I'm shredding, but I'm still lifting and working out hard, so it's all good. I can't wait for bathing suit weather...that's a first for me ;)

As far as the challenge that I posted for last week, I'm a bit sad I couldn't finish it all. My lower back just didn't appreciate it much at all. I have messed my tailbone up a few times...too many times falling on concrete or ice. I wasn't all that nimble as a child/teen. I was able to complete about half of it. I then did other ab exercises through out the week. I love twisting on my exercise ball, doing planks, fast punches, dive bombers and mountain climbers. I just found out last night that I can do the last two rather well. Thanks bodyrock.tv!! (If you haven't checked them out...do so www.bodyrock.tv )

In regards to food, I was super happy to finally try Quorn Naked Chick'n Cutlets. It's really good sauteed with a bit of olive oil and then seasoned to taste (I like garlic sea salt and some fresh cracked pepper and a dash of cayenne). I tried it this way first, and I had some broccoli and baked sweet potato. I also made a tasty dipping sauce for it. It was just some spicy brown mustard, some Julio's Chipotle pepper sauce and a tiny bit of simply sour cream. Very tasty stuff!


The next night I wanted to mix it up so I cut it into slices and then spooned some Fire Roasted Tomatoes Tex-Mex style on when it was almost heated all the through...YUM! I had chick'n tacos that night. No tortillas, I used Romaine lettuce leaves instead and I made a black bean and corn relish to go on top. It was very good. Mmmmm... I need to stop talking about food so much...I'm getting hungry again.

I was able to work out 6 times last week and I felt pretty good...until Saturday. I had a tummy bug or something and so let's just say that whatever I was eating wasn't hanging around for very long. Because of that, it was the first time all week that I had carbs...carbs as in whole wheat saltine crackers. I think I had 6. Plus I was drinking Powerade. My husband was awesome and went on the hunt for "low carb tummy funk make me feel betters". He did such a great job! Oh and I am feeling much better now...yay!

Ok, so a new challenge for this week...5 sets of mountain climbers 20 reps each - every day. It's gonna be a fun one! 700 total for the week, more if I/you can do it! It don't count if it don't hurt! What you will need - a floor and your determination. Here is a video that shows you how to do it properly-  Mountain Climber Video

Well I really need to get up and figure out what dinner is going to be. Let me tell you, there is nothing like having to cook 3 different meals. One for me, since I don't eat meat. One for Ben, he is bulking so he needs lots of carbs and meat (he will be in shred mode soon, so that will make it a bit easier). The kiddos may or may not eat what he is having, depends on what it is. So yeah...it can be a lot to handle. But I don't mind, they are the loves of my life and they are worth it. <3

Until next time, stay strong, drink some water, and get your body moving! You CAN do it and you ARE worth it.

P.S. Last night I had 1/3 of a cup of all natural vanilla ice cream. I ate it out of the measuring cup and with a baby spoon. And let me tell you, I was in heaven. My mouth was so happy. It's amazing how much more I really appreciate food now!


0 comments: